[syslog-ng] Init scripts

Chris Johnson masterof0 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 08:54:47 CET 2012

My apologies, I know this is probably a trivial question. I trying to install syslog-ng for the first time from source. It appears to install okay, but the config file and init scripts are not installed during install. I am running Ubuntu 11.10 and tried to copy the init files from the debian folder, but this does not launch when I run /etc/init.d/syslog-ng start. Is there something else I need to configure? Copying the wrong files? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Chris