[syslog-ng] What is the latest version of Syslog-ng?

Gergely Nagy algernon at balabit.hu
Tue Jan 3 16:22:24 CET 2012

Kareep Navas <navasmca83 at gmail.com> writes:

> We are currently using syslog-ng 1.4.14 and i would like to use & know the
> latest version of this syslog-ng?

3.2.5 is the latest from the 3.2 series, but 3.2 is being phased out in
favour of 3.3, of which 3.3.3 is the latest release.

> What is the purpose of the latest version?

Compared to 1.4... that's a looong long list. To cut it short, I'd
direct you to the release notes of the 3.3 branch:
 http://www.balabit.com/files/syslog-ng/open-source-edition/3.3.3/changelog-en.txt

http://www.balabit.com/network-security/syslog-ng/opensource-logging-system/downloads/download/syslog-ng-ose/3.3.3

> What are all the dependencies?

glib >= 2.10
eventlog >= 0.2.12 (eventlog is available from the same place as
 syslog-ng)

For various other features, you will need pcre >= 6.1, libdbi => 0.8.0,
openssl >= 0.9.8, json-c >= 0.9. (All of these are optional, but at
least pcre and openssl is highly recommended, since TLS and regexp
matching is very useful)