[syslog-ng] Cross compiling syslog-ng - problem with pthread_spin_lock

Gergely Nagy algernon at balabit.hu
Fri Feb 24 13:20:43 CET 2012

Radha Krishna Srimanthula <srimanthula.radhakrishna at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to cross compile syslog-ng for my embedded platform. When I run
> ./configure pointing it to the proper tool chain, it indicates "checking
> for pthread_spin_lock... no". And when I compile, it complains -
> "iv_thr.h:97: error: conflicting type qualifiers for 'pthread_spinlock_t'"

I suspect ivykis (lib/ivykis/) is a bit buggy when
cross-compiling. Since it fails to detect pthread_spin_lock, it will
have HAVE_PTHREAD_SPIN_LOCK disabled, which in turn means that it will
try to typedef pthread_spinlock_t to an int. But! Your embedded platform
DOES have pthread_spin_lock_t, so this will fail.

I would suggest editing lib/ivykis/config.h after configure, and
enabling HAVE_PTHREAD_SPIN_LOCK.

Hopefully this'll help.

(Why the detection fails, though, is not entirely clear to me..)