[syslog-ng] log file size limit

Gergely Nagy algernon at balabit.hu
Wed Feb 8 10:49:21 CET 2012

Gene Mats <genemats at gmail.com> writes:

> I've just compiled syslog-ng 3.3.4, and received a syntax error when
> trying to use these options.
>
> Are there any plans to add this option to syslog-ng in the future?

Yep, it's on my todo list, albeit not near the top. The problem is that
to do this kind of thing sanely, some refactoring must be done in the
source code first, and that's not been done yet.

> Can the patch that was previously attached, be applied to 3.3.4
> source?

It should apply, but if it doesn't, the conflicts will probably be
fairly trivial. I'll see if I can find some time to update the patch for
3.3.4.