[syslog-ng] syslog-ng 3.3

Evan Rempel erempel at uvic.ca
Wed Feb 1 17:36:39 CET 2012

> If you already use 3.3, please share your success story! Why did you
> upgrade (which feature)? Size of installation? Or any other info you
> find interesting.
>
> If you still use an earlier release, please let us know, what keeps you
> back from upgrading! Not yet available as a package for your platform?
> Something is broken, what previously worked? Something else?

We run an environment with 350+ actual servers, and three compute clusters
with relay servers and one relay server for all of our networking
devices (100's there too).

We deploy specific version of syslog-ng on specific versions of the OS.
As long as there are no problems, we don't upgrade.

So, we still run 2.0 on some boxes (abound 100 hosts)
These hosts will not be upgraded as they are scheduled for decommission,
or will just become obsolete.

We run 3.0 on the majority (250) and this group will probably be upgraded
to 3.3 in the near future (3 months) after our in house testing is satisfactory.

We run 3.3 on our central servers and latest OS (about 20 hosts).
On the central syslog servers we moved to 3.3 to get the latest patterndb features.

We are eagerly looking forward to the junction feature.

Hope it helps.

--
Evan Rempel
Senior Systems Administrator