[syslog-ng] SYSLOG-NG 3.4 exiting without any error print

Deepak Gaur dgaur at cdotd.ernet.in
Fri Dec 28 10:33:53 CET 2012

Hello,

The issue got resolved after adding  --localstatedir=/tmp/syslog-ng during configuration. Actually in my ARM target board
/var/lib was mounted on NAND flash based JFFS2 filesystem. So mmap was creating problem while writing to
/var/lib/syslogng-persist- file after mapping it.

Thanks for the help provided in debugging this issue and providing the vital clue.

Regards,

Deepak Gaur

On Wed, 05 Dec 2012 11:26:47 +0100, Gergely Nagy wrote
> "Deepak Gaur" <dgaur at cdotd.ernet.in> writes:
>
> > I have cross-compiled syslog-ng for ARM target but it is exiting without showing any
> > error code (on target). I am attaching strace output (syslog.txt). If
> > anyone can help me out
>
> We've had another report, also on ARM, that seemed similar to what
> you're experiencing. In that case, the solution was to set the
> CONFIG_DEFAULT_MMAP_MIN_ADDR setting in the kernel to 4096 instead of
> 65536.
>
> >From the strace, and from my own tests on ARM, I'm reasonably certain
> that the issue in this case is not in syslog-ng itself, it just happens
> to trigger it.
>
> --
> |8]

Deepak Gaur
::Disclaimer::
The contents of this email and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended
for the named recipient(s) only. It shall not attach any liability on C-DOT.
and  may  not  necessarily  reflect  the  opinions  of  C-DOT.  Any  form of
reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution
and / or publication of this message without the prior written consent of the
author of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email
in error please delete it and notify the sender immediately.