[syslog-ng] syslog-ng 3.4beta

Gergely Nagy algernon at balabit.hu
Fri Dec 7 11:16:25 CET 2012

Balazs Scheidler <bazsi at balabit.hu> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Having finally been able to finish the network() source and destination
> drivers I declare 3.4 as feature complete, and plan to publish 3.4beta1
> fairly soon. Let's say, before the winter holiday.

One thing I'd love to push through before that, is an improvement on the
recent network() stuff: better support for ipv6, a way to express I want
a destination that goes over ipv6, and is framed. As far as I see, this
is not possible with the current implementation, but the changes needed
may not be too hard. I'll try to send a patch.

> I have just merged Algernon's accumulated merge queue, and will probably
> cherry-pick stuff before the final release and merge in the fixes from
> 3.3 before the beta release.

I think I cherry-picked everything relevant to merge-queue/3.4 (which
you just merged in), so if everything went well, there should be nothing
left on the 3.3 branch that needs to be picked over.

> As always, the latest code is in git, Algernon builds daily snapshots.

I triggered today's build earlier, so the snapshots[1] are up to date by
now.

 [1]: http://packages.madhouse-project.org/syslog-ng/3.4/