[syslog-ng] Error: Number of licensed hostnames exceeded.

Balazs Scheidler bazsi77 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 21:27:13 CEST 2012

----- Original message -----
> sagar naravane <sagar.naravane at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I am using syslog-ng client rpm to work as a relay. I keep getting this
> > message.
> >
> > Aug 30 07:22:07 sj1glm190 syslog-ng[9009]: Number of licensed hostnames
> > exceeded; error='Licensed limit exceeded, rejecting request
> > (license_limit=3, tag=sj1slm275)'
>
> With PE-related questions, please consult the official PE support
> channels (boss.balabit.com), this mailing list is primarily for the open
> source edition of syslog-ng.

I vaguely remember that there was an issue about relaying where pe actually counted relayed hosts even though they shouldn't have been counted. IIRC it has already been fixed in the latest maintenance release, to be sure ask the support guys too, I don't have 'official' information, the pe/ose teams are separate entities in BalaBit. OSE is the upstream for the PE, e.g. they base their stuff on our version, but they do their separate stuff.