[syslog-ng] Error: Number of licensed hostnames exceeded.

sagar naravane sagar.naravane at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 16:28:10 CEST 2012

Hi,

I am using syslog-ng client rpm to work as a relay. I keep getting this
message.

Aug 30 07:22:07 sj1glm190 syslog-ng[9009]: Number of licensed hostnames
exceeded; error='Licensed limit exceeded, rejecting request
(license_limit=3, tag=sj1slm275)'

This is my relay config

@version: 4.2
#Default configuration file for syslog-ng.
#
# For a description of syslog-ng configuration file directives, please read
# the syslog-ng Administrator's guide at:
#
# file:///opt/syslog-ng/share/doc/admin-guide/index.html
# or
#
http://www.balabit.com/sites/default/files/documents/syslog-ng-pe-v4.1-guide-admin-en.html/index.html
#
@include "scl.conf"

options {log_msg_size(5000000);};

######
# sources
source s_local {
# message generated by Syslog-NG
    internal();
    system();
};

## define source for incoming log messages from client. Use it in custom
configs
source s_client {
   syslog(ip(0.0.0.0)
        port(514) transport("tcp") max-connections(100));
};

######
# destinations
destination d_messages {