[syslog-ng] How to prevent loss of logs.

sagar naravane sagar.naravane at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 13:31:32 CEST 2012

Guys,

My setup is like this APACHE EDGE SERVER ---> RELAY ---> SYSLOG-NG CENTRAL
SERVER.

Now what I've learned so far (i am still a newbie) is the log collection
happens almost real time. However I want to build a setup where if any of
the component above goes down the logs in between that particular duration
is not lost.

Say for example at 1:00 any of the component goes down and comes back up by
2:00 the log worth 1 hour should be passed to/collected on syslog-ng server
( i mean to say the logs on server shoulding be 12:59 xxxx 2:00 xxxx)

I know this isnt a very well constructed question/doubt but initially i am
looking for some tips. I'll put in details of my configs if needed :)

--
Regards,

Sagar Naravane