[syslog-ng] Auto routing to specific relay based on hostname

sagar naravane sagar.naravane at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 11:09:55 CEST 2012

Guys,

I am a newbie to syslog-ng solution. I am trying to create a common config
file to be distributed across client machines in San Jose, Dallas and
Dublin colos. Every colo has 1 dedicated relay which forwards log data to a
central server

(SJ|DU|DA)_ client -->  (SJ|DU|DA)_ relay --> SYSLOG-NG server

the clients located in these colos have sj,du & da in their hostnames eg
da1xxx058, du1xxx059, sj1xxx060. I want to setup the config in a way that
based on hostname the config decides what relay to connect to.

Is this possible ?

--
Regards,

Sagar Naravane