[syslog-ng] syslog-ng service not starting

Lay, James james.lay at wincofoods.com
Mon Aug 6 17:43:03 CEST 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: syslog-ng-bounces at lists.balabit.hu
[mailto:syslog-ng-bounces at lists.balabit.hu] On Behalf Of James McDonald
Sent: Monday, August 06, 2012 9:33 AM
To: Syslog-ng users' and developers' mailing list
Subject: Re: [syslog-ng] syslog-ng service not starting

There are other syslog-ng servers configured this way in our
environments
but I am only having problems with this particular one.  Does anyone
have
any other suggestions?  I tried rebooting to clear any connections and
re-establish a new one, but I still get the error after a reboot.  I
tested
restarting the service on another syslog-ng server and it worked fine.

James,

Assuming you're running a linux distro of some sort:

sudo netstat -lpn | grep 443

will get you to see what's listening to that port.  I would suggest that
this is more of an operating system issue then syslog-ng.

James