[syslog-ng] query about dropped messages...

Vijendra Agarwal vij.agarwal at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 15:09:30 CEST 2012

Hi,

I am using syslog-ng 3.1.4 open source edition.

my setup details are..

I have Log application running on MC1 with syslog-ng configured as client
on it. My log application is communicating witg syslog-ng on unix-stream
socket.

I have machine M2 where my syslog-ng server is running. My syslog-ng client
is coomunicating with syslog-ng server on TCP stream. It writes all the log
messages received from my log application to the /var/log/messages file.

My log application sends bulk of message around 600000 p/s ,  I have
noticed from the syslog-statistics that the syslog-ng client dropped some
log messages.

I have a query here
Can I store the dopped messages to some file by doing some configration
setting?
Or
Is there a configyration setting by which I can avoide the dropping of
messages by syslog-ng client?

Kindly help me out to resolve the issue.

Thanks
Vijendra.

--
Thanks