[syslog-ng] Glib libraries issue syslog_ng 3.3.4

Rakesh Rajasekharan rakesh.rajasekharan at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 15:14:47 CEST 2012

Hello Guys,

I am trying to compile syslog_ng on solaris 10 opteron with mixed linking
option.  I was able  to successfully compile glib-2.16.5 statically.
in my configure stage of syslog_ng 3.3.4 , I get he below error.

configure: error: static GLib libraries not found (a file named
libglib-2.0.a), either link GLib dynamically using the
--enable-dynamic-linking or install a static GLib
libglib-2.0.a is present under /usr/local/lib .
When I checked the config.log, I have the following errors.

configure:5326: checking lex library
configure:5340: gcc -std=gnu99 -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.c   >&5
yywrap                              /var/tmp//cc2KbW8B.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure:5340: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h */
| #define PACKAGE_NAME ""
| #define PACKAGE_TARNAME ""
| #define PACKAGE_VERSION ""
| #define PACKAGE_STRING ""
| #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT ""
| #define PACKAGE_URL ""
| /* end confdefs.h.  */
|
| #line 3 "lex.yy.c"
|
| #define  YY_INT_ALIGNED short int
|
| /* A lexical scanner generat

Any inputs on how can i fix this please?

Best Regards,
Rakesh