[syslog-ng] Multi-core use in threaded mode

Fekete Robert frobert at balabit.hu
Wed Apr 18 08:55:18 CEST 2012

The problem with UDP is that it is a connectionless protocol which doesn't scale
to multiple threads in syslog-ng. If you must stick to UDP, ypu can try to
separate the messages to different source or destination drivers, so syslog-ng
will start separate threads for them.

I don't know if Bazsi is planning to add multiple threads to UDP handling.

Robert