[syslog-ng] smtp on FreeBSD

Gergely Nagy algernon at balabit.hu
Fri Apr 6 11:39:25 CEST 2012

Peter Eisenlohr <peter.eisenlohr at inform-software.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I also was able to reproduce the segfault. It always happened when a
> "mark" was generated. So, in order to reproduce this, set the mark
> intervall to a low value, i.e. mark(1).
>
> I don't think it's a Problem of the 32bit NVTable patch, though. The
> following changes also made the segfault go away:

Thanks again for the debugging! I just sent a patch to the list that
fixes the issue properly. The problem was that afinter had LogDriver as
its parent, while we were casting it from and to LogSrcDriver, which is
a bigger structure.

This resulted in the code overwriting parts of the original LogSrcDriver
parts (such as group_len) with data from AFInterSourceDirver. I changed
the parent to LogSrcDriver and that that fixes the issue properly.

Pinning it down to mark messages helped tremendously! Thanks!