[syslog-ng] Building syslog-ng on OpenBSD v5 with SQL support

Richard Brooks RichardBUK at FastMail.fm
Sun Apr 1 21:24:27 CEST 2012

Hi Gergely

Have been in touch with steven at openbsd.org, who is the guy that maintains the syslog-ng package and port for OpenBSD. It now looks like he has zeroed in on a Makefile that will permit syslog-ng to write to a MySQL database. He has given me a Makefile that seems to build a binary that works on my system (still having issues with what's being written to the database, but it is writing). He will probably want to do more testing, but I would expect a new release of the package and port that includes the database facility sometime soon (subject to OpenBSD's usual verification process).

Regards
Richard