[syslog-ng] Question about PE edition disk-based buffering

Clayton Dukes cdukes at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 12:18:35 CEST 2011

Hi Folks,
We have a team doing testing on the PE edition and they are finding that the
timeout for the failover trigger takes 60 seconds:

It was observed that it takes anytime between 10 to 60 seconds to detect
connection is broken. We found out it by running syslog-ng in debug mode. I
guess it relies on connection timeout. This 60 second is large interval
compared to the default interval that we have (15 sec).

My question: Is there a way to tune this parameter down to 15 seconds in the
config?

Clayton Dukes