[syslog-ng] Log to syslog file, filter from fifo

Lay, James james.lay at wincofoods.com
Fri Nov 25 17:02:39 CET 2011

Topic says it.  I think I have a pretty simple layout:

log {

        source(s_local);

        filter(f_firewall);

        destination(d_file);

        destination(fifo);

};

Can I change this to:

log {

        source(s_local);

        destination(d_file);

        filter(f_firewall);

        destination(fifo);

};

?  Will this log to file, then filter, then go to fifo?  Thanks and hope
this isn't a silly question...I read this from the admin guide:

Log statements are processed in the order they appear in the
configuration file, thus the order of log paths may influence what
happens to a message, especially when using filters and log flags.

So I'm hoping that is the case.  Thank you.

James