[syslog-ng] R: Re: R: Re: R: Re: I: Re: R: Re: Compiling syslog-ng on Ubuntu.

Gergely Nagy algernon at madhouse-project.org
Thu Nov 17 13:15:09 CET 2011

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 12:59, andrea.meconi at libero.it
<andrea.meconi at libero.it> wrote:
> Sorry, but I need more help.
> I need to install syslog-ng in server mode and I'm not able to find the
> installer script.

With make install, it is already installed. If you want to run it at
boot time, you'll need to write an init script (there's an example at
debian/syslog-ng.init that should be suitable for Ubuntu hardy
aswell), and enable it (the manual page of update-rc.d can help with
that).

Past that, you need a config, which should already be installed after
make install. You can customise it based on the info in the admin
guide.