[syslog-ng] [Fw: keep_hostname (yes); and source file]

Steven Blatchford sblatchford at gmail.com
Sat May 28 00:44:46 CEST 2011

There seems to be no hostname associated with file() so it uses the first
word of the message.  The first word of the log message is 'DEBUG'.  On
the central log server I added 'DEBUG' to the filter host and it worked.

Is there a way to set the hostname when the source uses file() ?

-steve

----- Forwarded message from Steven Blatchford <sblatchford at gmail.com> -----

----- End forwarded message -----