[syslog-ng] diskqueue framework patch

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Tue Mar 29 13:31:00 CEST 2011

Hi,

On Mon, 2011-03-28 at 14:29 +0200, Nagy Attila wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> due to the need for disk queue usage in PE 4.1 we had to extend the
> syslog-ng sources, in order to be able write plugins that implement this
> feature. This patch contains these modifications.
> Basically it extends the 'class' hierarchy (and 'virtual' functions, see
> the new LogDestDriver) so that plugins can define their own queue
> mechanisms (as some do this in PE modules) and these special queues can
> be assigned to destinations.

Before going into technical details, can you please elaborate on what
additional use of this patchset might have in the syslog-ng OSE
context?

If I understand correctly it introduces the concept of
per-destination-driver plugins, so that queue initialization can be
delegated to a plugin (e.g. disk based queueing).

Can you perhaps shed some light on what other use-cases this could
solve?