[syslog-ng] Configuring syslog to log on both central server as well as local host( 3.0.7 version)

Rakesh Rajasekharan rakesh.rajasekharan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 08:04:02 CEST 2011

Hi,

I am using syslog-ng 3.0.7 version. I have a requirement to log the messages
on both the central server as well as my local machine. The central server
is a HPUX machine and
my cleint is a SUSE machine. From my SUSE machine I am able to get he
messages logged on to the HPUX machine by this entry in my conf file

destination loghost {
        tcp("20.5.68.85" port(514));
};
20.5.68.85 being the ip for the central server.
This works perfectly fine.
But is this possible to ge the logs generated on my SUSE machine as well
simulatneously.
Please let me know if there seems any way around to do this.

Thanks,
Rakesh