[syslog-ng] afsql module error

Eshan Bhide ebhide at globalgossip.net
Mon Mar 14 05:37:26 CET 2011

Hi Hendrik,

Still having this problem of "No such DBI driver; type='mysql'"

Strace is attached at:

http://pastebin.com/qaJZ2ZbE

I've tried recompiling by specifying paths and making sure all Env variables
are set to current lib paths, upgrading libdbi-drivers from git, and tried
different versions of syslog-ng, to no avail!

I appreciate any and all help with this silly problem! I've got everything
working but can't figure out why I get the no such DBI driver message :(

Cheers,
Eshan

On 11 March 2011 22:07, Hendrik Visage <hvjunk at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 4:31 AM, Eshan Bhide <ebhide at globalgossip.net>wrote:
>
>> The error seems to be:
>>
>> syslog-ng[48138]: No such DBI driver; type='mysql'
>>

>> I have the following installed:
>>
>> # rpm -qa|grep libdbi
>> libdbi-0.8.1-2.1
>> libdbi-drivers-0.8.1a-1.2.2
>> libdbi-dbd-mysql-0.8.1a-1.2.2
>>
>> Any ideas guys?
>>
>> On 11 March 2011 10:19, Eshan Bhide <ebhide at globalgossip.net> wrote:
>>
>>> @Hendrik, the following is the strace output:
>>>

> retry with strace -ff (ie. trace children too)
> I suspect your libdbi is searching for the drivers in the wrong
> place/directory and that is why it doesn't find the mysql driver there.

> Documentation:

IMPORTANT NOTICE : The information in this email is confidential and may also be privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient, any use or dissemination of the information and any
disclosure or copying of this email is unauthorised and strictly prohibited. If you have received
this email in error, please promptly inform us by reply email or telephone. You should also delete
this email and destroy any hard copies produced.