[syslog-ng] Dropped messages to MSSQL?

Shawn Cannon shawn at shawncannon.com
Thu Mar 10 17:23:37 CET 2011

Thanks for all the info.  The current method that our firewall management
program uses to log messages into the current database is by multiple open
connections to the database.  syslog-ng is making one connection and trying
to force everything down that one connection.  So, my question is this:  can
syslog-ng be configured to make multiple connections to the SQL database to
insert the data?  Just so you have a comparison, our current product (which
changes in the new version and why we need a different syslog product)
has182 open connections open and that is from 8 agents.  It stays up to
speen by doing that.  Thanks....