[syslog-ng] afsql module error

Hendrik Visage hvjunk at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 10:59:29 CET 2011

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 9:04 AM, Gergely Nagy <algernon at balabit.hu> wrote:

> Eshan Bhide <ebhide at globalgossip.net> writes:
>

> > So far so good, but when I try to run syslog-ng it gives me an error:
> >
> >  syslog-ng
> > Error opening plugin module; module='afsql',
> error='/usr/local/lib/syslog-
> > ng/libafsql.so: undefined symbol: dbi_result_free'
> > Error opening plugin module; module='afsql',
> error='/usr/local/lib/syslog-
> > ng/libafsql.so: undefined symbol: dbi_result_free'
>
> The problem lies here: while the module has been compiled, the DBI
> version is probably not fresh enough. I'd suggest compiling libdbi from
> CVS.

Perhaps not necessarily from CVS, but do make sure you also compiled the
dbi-drivers.

I suspect there might be problems with the afsql not linking/loading libdbi
(or it's mysql driver from dbi-drivers)

I'm a low level debugger, so running strace on syslog-ng and posting that
would be interesting to confirm/deny my hypothesis.