[syslog-ng] internal-sftp and logs files

Naira Kaieski naira at faccat.br
Thu Mar 3 18:38:38 CET 2011

Good afternoon,

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.security.ssh/browse_thread/thread/ce30a1d9889dc2e2?pli=1

The tip above link to solve the problem. I had found this link, however
I was creating the log file in the dev directory of the chroot user.
With the command strace I noticed what was happening permission error
file access.

Effectively you need only create the dev directory, the Log Files
syslog-ng will automatically create. The log file is actually a socket
file that syslog-ng will create.

Solution:

My mistake was to manually create the log file in the dev directory of
the chroot user.

An example of directory is:
User: naira
Home directory: /var/www/naira.com.br

--> File sshd_config
Match Group customers
     ChrootDirectory %h
     ForceCommand internal-sftp-l VERBOSE f-AUTH

--> File syslog-ng.conf
source src {
     unix-stream("/dev/log");
     internal();
     unix-stream("/var/www/naira.com.br/dev/log");
};

# ls -lah /var/www/naira.com.br/
drwxrwxr-x  13 root     root     3.8K Mar  1 14:58 dev

Restart syslog-ng.

Thanks.

Naira Kaieski
Nucleo de Internet/Redes - Faccat
Linux Professional Institute - LPI000223834