[syslog-ng] Output to file in /proc

Valentijn Sessink valentyn at blub.net
Wed Mar 2 21:30:31 CET 2011

Op 02-03-11 18:10, Matthew Hall schreef:
> Could the problems be prevented by using a PCRE rule to verify the
> message passes a regex format validity filter before kicking it into
> the file?

Preventing non-IP-addresses to be entered - yes. However, you still
rather would not want any message re-delivered here, because it has a
different meaning ("I saw you do that twice!").

I know it's rather theoretical for now as we don't have spurious
non-IP-addresses in the logs. Also, the kernel seems to have secret
measures to get rid of unwanted messages as well ;)

V.