[syslog-ng] check clients

Gergely Nagy algernon at balabit.hu
Mon Jun 27 17:23:34 CEST 2011

Josu Lazkano <josu.lazkano at barcelonamedia.org> writes:

> Thanks for your reply, I don't have this command, I have the 2.0.9-4.2 version on a Ubuntu server.
>
> Next week I will start to change all my configuration, which version
> do you recommend? I need a stable Ubuntu repository.

Later Ubuntu releases have updated syslog-ng packages, and while that
may not work on your Ubuntu version, recompiling the package from source
should work.

syslog-ng 3.2 would be the recommended version.

packages.ubuntu.com is timing out for me, so here's a link to the Debian
sources (as far as I recall, it's the same as in Ubuntu):

http://packages.debian.org/source/sid/syslog-ng