[syslog-ng] Cross-compile problem with path in 3.2.4

Gergely Nagy algernon at balabit.hu
Fri Jun 24 14:34:37 CEST 2011

Balazs Scheidler <bazsi at balabit.hu> writes:

>> Any idea to get around that would be appreciated :)
>
> although I didn't get the build log, I might be able to help to diagnose
> the problem.

I'll forward the build & config logs privately.

> You seem to have static libraries only, which is strange as the
> configure script contains
>
> LT_INIT([dlopen disable-static])

What I've found so far, is that during configure, the script correctly
detects that the target architecture supports shared libraries, but when
it tries to check whether libtool supports them, it concludes that it
does not.

This is what I saw in the config.log:

configure:9376: checking whether the armel-unknown-linux-gnueabi-gcc-std=gnu99 linker (armel-unknown-linux-gnueabi-ld) supports shared libraries
configure:10367: result: yes
[...]
configure:10606: checking dynamic linker characteristics
configure:11269: result: no

According to m4/libtool.m4, the result of "checking dynamic linker
characteristics" is $dynamic_linker. Which gets set to "no" for some
reason.

I did not manage to get further than that yet, unfortunately. I wanted
to prepare a patch that makes libtool.m4 a bit more verbose, so we could
see what goes wrong and where, but didn't have the time yet.