[syslog-ng] get destination(s) based on log facility and severity

Scott Rochford scott.rochford at amadeus.com
Wed Jun 8 02:29:33 CEST 2011

> This is for a reporting tool for clusters. It collects all the
> relevant information from all cluster members and that includes
> excerpts from log files. People use all kinds of syslog setups so
> the tool needs to figure out which log file is relevant.

It sounds to me like you are trying to work around a poorly configured
environment.  You would do much better in the long run to harmonise the
logging configuration of your servers so that they are identical, or at
least very similar.

Have you considered simply using a central logging server and adding
something to the configuration on each of the clients to send the logs
which you are interested in to that central server?  That would be the
typical way of achieving what you describe.

Regards,

Scott