[syslog-ng] Syslog-ng error while using TSL

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Sat Jun 4 13:35:16 CEST 2011

On Thu, 2011-05-26 at 22:25 +0530, Pramod Pillai wrote:
> Hi Bazsi
>
> We are still unable to resolve the issue .
> I see this error.
>  CN=Generic_Int_CA_1', error='unable to get local issuer certificate', depth='0'
> SSL error while writing stream; tls_error='SSL
> routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed'
>
> I am attaching the config file and the certificates which might be
> helpful to debug the issue.

The question is what the directory

                ca_dir("/certificates/ca.d")

contains. It should be populated with symlinks pointing to the X.509
certificates. The symlink name must be the hash of the X.509 subject
name, to be produced by

openssl x509 -hash -in xxxx

There's also an openssl utility to perform this symlink stuff, named
c_rehash. Here's a manual page for that:

http://www.tin.org/bin/man.cgi?section=1&topic=c_rehash

I'm quite certain that TLS and X.509 key validation works well, and the
error message really seems to indicate a local setup problem.