[syslog-ng] syslog-ng FAQ moved and updated

Peter Czanik czanik at balabit.hu
Thu Jun 2 11:44:18 CEST 2011

Hello,

First of all, a big “thank you” to Nate Campi, who maintained the
syslog-ng FAQ for many years. He covered version 1.X and 2.0 with many
useful questions and answers.

There is now also a company behind syslog-ng with a growing team.
Syslog-ng has seen a major new version, and this brought in many
changes. So after discussing it with Nate, based on his work, we moved
the updated syslog-ng FAQ in house. We also changed the URL in the
syslog-ng mailing list footer, so it points now to:
http://www.balabit.com/wiki/syslog-ng-faq

The new FAQ is based on our internal knowledge base and on Nate's FAQ
and updated to reflect version 3.X information. All 1.X and 2.0 specific
information is removed, as these versions are not supported by BalaBit
any more. If you need information on these old versions, the old FAQ is
still available at the usual location at
http://www.campin.net/syslog-ng/faq.html and the syslog-ng mailing list
has many participants, who can give help on older versions (and most
likely advice moving to version 3.X :-) ).

The FAQ is not something static, but a constantly evolving information
resource. We plan to extend it based on frequently upcoming questions on
the mailing list. I already have some candidates in mind. To place a
question of yours into the syslog-ng FAQ, please don’t hesitate to
contact us here on the syslog-ng mailing list!

Bye,

--
Peter Czanik (CzP) <czanik at balabit.hu>
BalaBit IT Security / syslog-ng upstream