[syslog-ng] log file size limit

Sergei Zhirikov sfzhi at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 25 19:58:09 CEST 2011

On 2011-07-25 17:50, William Tambellini wrote:
> Dear Syslog-ng team,
>
> We are currently evaluating syslog-ng in order to satisfy some requests from our customers regarding logs from our software.
> One of their requests is to limit log file size using some kind of rotation algo : if size > 6Mo then rotate to another file.
> We have found some options in file destination like fifo buffer control but nothing about files rotation.
> Is there anything for that kind of feature ?

I have a patch that does something of that kind. When the log file grows above certain size syslog-ng switches to a new one and renames the old one. Further processing (such as compression) should be done externally.

I posted that patch in this list quite some time ago, but as far as I can tell, it went unnoticed...

--
Sergei.