[syslog-ng] Anyone Going to Cisco Live/Networkers in Las Vegas next week?

Clayton Dukes cdukes at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 14:32:39 CEST 2011

Hey Baszi,
Yes, the conference is over. It went very well.
Since I am a speaker at the conference, it's difficult for me to give my
opinion as a "user", but I can tell you there were over 14,000 attendees and
35,000 virtual attendees (they do it online as well).

They also have a 'customer appreciation' event every year and this year's
event was pretty amazing.
I've been at Networkers (now called Cisco Live) for about 10 years - 5 of
them as a speaker and this event was one of the best I've ever seen.

Balabit might actually want to consider participating as a vendor in one of
these events (there's one in London next Feb. as well).
There were 300 people in my session, about 85% of them already use syslog-ng
- the other 15% will likely be using now because of the session.
If you guys want more info on that, feel free to email me off list and I can
put you in touch with the Cisco Live staff.
It would be nice to see another syslog company out there other than Clunk
:-)

Clayton Dukes