[syslog-ng] 3.3.0beta1 leaking memeory (Re: syslog-ng 3.3.0beta & ESX crashes)

Hendrik Visage hvjunk at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 13:54:52 CEST 2011

Hi there,

 I've mailed Gergely the Valgrind output to analyze 3.3.0beta1 memory
leak(s), so if anybody else are interested in it, please contact me
for them.

 I've since compiled 3.2.4+noescape patch (since only 3.3.0+ have the
default option for SQL insert I need/use for the autoincrementing ID
field in systemevents), and using the same config file (other than
@version 3.2 and the noescape('default') for my postgresql insertions)
and the system is  stable with no descernable memory growth compared
to syslog-ng 3.3.0beta1's explosion in memory size.

Hendrik