[syslog-ng] max-connections(1000)

Daniel Maher dmaher at milestonelab.com
Mon Jul 18 15:25:33 CEST 2011

On 07/15/2011 01:46 PM, Gergely Nagy wrote:

> However, this limit can also be raised, using ulimit (and perhaps poking
> into various configuration files, such as /etc/security/limits.conf).

It may be worth noting that limits.conf is only respected if PAM is
configured to use it, and the session is spawned by something that uses
PAM; in general, things started by init.d at boot-time do not meet that
criteria.

Just fyi. :)

--
Daniel Maher
« makin' plans now to live on Mars 'cuz I got Earth on lock. »