[syslog-ng] Apache vhost logs

Alan McKinnon Alan.McKinnon at is.co.za
Thu Jul 14 11:55:18 CEST 2011

On Thursday, 14 July 2011 11:34:28 Josu Lazkano wrote:
> Thanks!!!
>
> This work for me, las question.
>
> Is possible to add a facility name on apache to archive on the
> logserver as "apache" file?

Facility names are hard-coded at the kernel level, the only ones you
can have are those in "man 3 syslog". You can't add new ones.

So you have to use some other way to identify your apache logs. A good
way is to pick an unused local0 to local7 facility (watch out for two
hosts using the same local for different things and sending them to
the same syslogger!)