[syslog-ng] Trying to let my harddrive spin down once in a while

Lars Stokholm lars.stokholm at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 07:15:31 CEST 2011

Thank you very much!

fd=11 was /dev/tty12. I guess that won't cause hard drive spin-ups,
since it's not on /dev/sda.
fd=10 was /dev/null. That's probably OK aswell - no spin-ups from that.
fd=9 is the most exciting one. It's /var/log/auth.log:

Jul 12 07:11:01 localhost /usr/sbin/crond[4354]:
pam_unix(crond:session): session opened for user lars by (uid=0)
Jul 12 07:11:01 localhost /USR/SBIN/CROND[4354]:
pam_unix(crond:session): session closed for user lars

Every minute. Problem solved. Thank you both for you're help! At least
now I can take some informed desicions on where to go from here.

Phew...

Lars