[syslog-ng] Trying to let my harddrive spin down once in a while

Paul Krizak paul.krizak at amd.com
Tue Jul 12 02:04:41 CEST 2011

On 07/11/2011 04:27 PM, Paul Krizak wrote:
 > Since you probably wouldn't want to waste much RAM on that,
 > you should probably also combine that with some modified logrotate
 > configuration and run logrotate hourly instead of daily, to ensure you
 > don't fill up your ramdisk with log data.

Of course, note that simply running logrotate will likely generate some
disk activity, since it, like all other applications on your system,
will need to read libraries and configuration files from the hard disk...

Paul Krizak                         7171 Southwest Pkwy MS B200.3A
MTS Systems Engineer                Austin, TX  78735
Advanced Micro Devices              Desk:  (512) 602-8775
Linux/Unix Systems Engineering      Cell:  (512) 791-0686
Global IT Infrastructure            Fax:   (512) 602-0468