[syslog-ng] Apache vhost logs

Martin Schütte lists at mschuette.name
Mon Jul 11 21:06:28 CEST 2011

On 07/11/11 10:14, Josu Lazkano wrote:
> I have lots of vhost on the client-side. How could I configure it?

I find it preferable to have Apache log to syslog in the first place,
e.g. with:
CustomLog "||/usr/bin/logger -p local2.info -t apache" combined
ErrorLog "||/usr/bin/logger -p local3.info -t apache"

I use a custom log format to include a VHost field in access log lines
(and later split them as needed). If you need seperate error logs as
well, then it is probably best to include the VHost name in the
tag/programname field.

--
Martin