[syslog-ng] AIX Syslog Messages

Ricardo Oliveira n3g4s at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 6 12:46:34 CEST 2011

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
I did, but it still keeps the IP address, so I removed it.

These are my options:

        long_hostnames(off);
        # doesn't actually help on Solaris, log(3) truncates at 1024 chars
        log_msg_size(8192);
        # buffer just a little for performance
        # sync(1); <- Deprecated - use flush_lines() instead
        flush_lines(1);
        # memory is cheap, buffer messages unable to write (like to loghost)
        log_fifo_size(16384);
        # Hosts we don't want syslog from
        #bad_hostname("^(ctld.|cmd|tmd|last)$");
        # The time to wait before a dead connection is reestablished (seconds)
        time_reopen(10);
        #Use DNS so that our good names are used, not hostnames
        use_dns(no);
        dns_cache(yes);
        #Use the whole DNS name
        use_fqdn(no);
        keep_hostname(no);
        chain_hostnames(no);
        #Read permission for everyone
        perm(0644);
        # The default action of syslog-ng 1.6.0 is to log a STATS line
        # to the file every 10 minutes. That's pretty ugly after a while.
        # Change it to every 12 hours so you get a nice daily update of
        # # how many messages syslog-ng missed (0).
        # stats(43200);

Thanks,
Ricardo.