[syslog-ng] A known syslog-ng issue/bug?

Patrick H. syslogng at feystorm.net
Fri Jan 28 19:37:58 CET 2011

VI doesnt do that though (would wreak havoc with selinux and others if
it did), not unless you have some uncommon vi settings. It might cause a
problem if vi opens the file, the file grows while its open, and so when
its written out, it basically gets truncated back. At that point
syslog-ng would be trying to write past where the actual end of the file
is. I've never messed with such situations, so I'm not sure what the
effect of that is.

-Patrick