[syslog-ng] Syslog-ng error

Matthew Hall mhall at mhcomputing.net
Thu Jan 20 22:33:16 CET 2011

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 12:26:10PM -0700, Patrick H. wrote:
> The big problem with this solution is that if the table check failed,
> then inserting it will also fail. The only case this would solve is if
> the user doesnt have select perms, but does have insert perms.
>
> -Patrick

Indeed it could be a problem but so is leaving it enabled in many cases.
Personally I find the auto-creation mostly useless and try to avoid it.

Because it won't take care of cases like special auto-incrementing ID
columns, storage engine, tablespace, and other special stuff.

So I would generally recommend making a proper table, and backing up its
schema, and storing this with a backup of the syslog-ng configuration.

Matthew.