[syslog-ng] Syslog-ng error

Zoltán Pallagi pzolee at balabit.hu
Thu Jan 20 20:52:21 CET 2011

Hi,

we have already encountered this problem a few weeks ago. See the
following thread: [syslog-ng] Microsoft SQL connect issue

My summary from this thread:
"Hm... You are right, it seems that syslog-ng tries to connect to the
database that is the default for the specified user in config. However,
I've checked it in syslog-ng source, and syslog-ng uses the same code
for all database types for connecting and passes the name of database
properly and in case of other databases it works, too.
So, it is a bug, but not in syslog-ng but in freetds or libdbi. Report a
bug on it, please, and we will check if we can fix it"

pzolee