[syslog-ng] Syslog-ng error

Matthew Hall mhall at mhcomputing.net
Thu Jan 20 19:35:41 CET 2011

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 12:39:37PM -0500, Shawn Cannon wrote:
> I am trying to setup a second syslog-ng server that will be part of a load
> balanced cluster.  When the 2nd server tries to connect to my mssql
> database, it tries to run the CREATE TABLE commands which fails because the
> table already exists since the first syslog-ng server already created them.
> How do I tell the 2nd server not to try the CREATE TABLE stuff so it will
> start working?
>
> Shawn Cannon
>
> IT Professional
>
> http://www.shawncannon.com

There is a dont-create-tables option in newer syslog-ngs which will fix
this one.

dont-create-tables: Enable this flag to prevent syslog-ng OSE from
creating non-existing database tables automatically. The syslog-ng OSE
application typically has to create tables if you use macros in the
table names. Available in syslog-ng OSE version 3.2 and later.

http://www.balabit.com/sites/default/files/documents/syslog-ng-ose-v3.2-guide-admin-en.html/index.html-single.html

HTH,
Matthew.