[syslog-ng] Error starting syslog-ng

Fekete Róbert frobert at balabit.hu
Wed Jan 19 20:08:01 CET 2011

As Patrick mentioned, TLS support is not available in version 2.0.9 of syslog-ng Open Source Edition, only in the commercial version.
If this config was used earlier on this box before the reinstall, then a newer version of syslog-ng must have been installed on it.

Download a newer version of syslog-ng Open Source Edition (at least 3.0, but newer is recommended) and install it on the box, then TLS support will work. You can download a package from the BalaBit website at http://www.balabit.com/network-security/syslog-ng/opensource-logging-system/downloads/upgrade
or check the packages.debian.org site.

@Patrick: In option names syslog-ng treats dashes and underscores identically, it does not matter which one you use.

Regards,
Robert