[syslog-ng] Performance of syslog-ng for Database access (mysql)

Yu Watanabe yu.watanabe at jp.fujitsu.com
Tue Jan 18 03:11:09 CET 2011

Hello all.

I would like to ask question for the performance of syslog-ng when it is accessing to mysql database.

I am using syslog-ng 3.0.9 and thinking of using either one of the method below for the database connection.

1. Using the program driver and fork the "mysql command" to execute the sql.
2. Use the sql driver to access to the table

I was wondering which is more efficient for syslog-ng and the server itself (i.e. CPU , memory )

Any advice would be helpful!

Thanks,
Yu Watanabe