[syslog-ng] Syslogs from Router

Christopher Petsch jedi_darklighter at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 14 17:56:17 CET 2011

On 01/14/2011 05:33 AM, Balazs Scheidler wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-01-14 at 10:33 +0100, Sandor Geller wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 8:44 AM, Christopher Petsch
>> <jedi_darklighter at hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> i was recieving a syntax error on line 58 . here is the config that i was
>>> useing .

>>> filter f_Router    { level(info); }
>>>
>> The trailing semicolon is missing here.
>>
> On a side-note, syslog-ng 3.2 produces much more readable error messages
> than earlier versions, so you should have had an easier time with that.

First, let me thank you all for the quick responces, its really
appricated. Second, I added the semicolon into the config file as
indicated and re-read over  it to make sure that I didnt mistype
anything else that I could obviously see, then saved the file. When I
tried to restart the service so it would read the configs I recieved the
error again, " syntax error in /etc/syslog-ng/syslog-ng.conf at line
68." new line but essentially the same error.

--
Sincerely,
           Chris

KeyID: 0x348DC808