[syslog-ng] ld.so.1 problem during upgrade to 3.1.2

Zeek Anow zeekstern at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 16:01:30 CET 2011

I just upgraded to syslog-ng Solaris 10 on a Sun server. When I went to test
my syslog-ng.conf file I am getting the following error:

ld.so.1: syslog-ng: fatal: relocation error: file
/.alt.Solaris10/usr/local/sbin/syslog-ng: symbol g_malloc_n: referenced
symbol not found

It looks as though something is missing from a library or maybe a path is
not set correctly. Here are the packages I installed:

libiconv-1.13.1-sol10-sparc-local
glib-2.25.13-sol10-sparc-local
libintl-3.4.0-sol10-sparc-local
libgcc-3.4.6-sol10-sparc-local
pcre-8.10-sol10-sparc-local
eventlog-0.2.12-sol10-sparc-local
libpcap-1.1.1-sol10-sparc-local
tcpdump-4.1.1-sol10-sparc-local
syslogng-3.1.2-sol10-sparc-local

I had originally installed gcc-3.4.6-sol10-sparc-local too, but then
uninstalled all packages and then reinstalled everything except
gcc-3.4.6-sol10-sparc-local. The instructions says one or the other.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks